Sunday, August 22, 2010

Ouch!

Levi and I got home Friday night after my last week in Augusta for a while (hopefully). Not that we had a bad trip, mind you. We stayed with Nana and Papa - and they took very good care of us. But, there's just something to be said about your own bed, your own shower, your own kitchen... Levi had a wonderful time, spending the days with Nana, Papa, and DeeDee. I, on the other hand, found myself gone from the house for over twelve hours every day. Not exactly a fun week for me. I missed Levi like crazy during the day. Kevin didn't go with us this time, because school has started for him. Levi and I missed him, too.

We got home on Friday evening, went to dinner (Levi wanted a quesadilla), and played upstairs. Unfortunately, as Levi catapulted himself toward the bookshelf for another book, he landed chin first on the bottom shelf. He cried. Kevin held him. He bled. I held him. He cried. We put a cold washcloth on it. His crying began to subside. We read to him. He sniffled. We put ice on his lips and chin. He sniffled some more. We watched Chuggington and then Oso, while I kept the ice on his boo-boo.
The results?

Not too pretty - and these were taken almost twenty-four hours after the fall. But, our boy is a trooper. He looks at himself in the mirror and says, "I got boo-boo." And then pretends to sniffle.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Looks good compared to Elijah's latest one - I'm working on a post about it.

a said...

He is so funny! I love that he sniffles when he talks about it!