Monday, October 17, 2011

Quick Updates

Kara Jane went to the doctor on October 5 for her 4-month check up. She weighed 14 pounds, 9 ounces (75th percentile) and was 24.5 inches long (75th percentile). Her little thighs are quite pudgy - and absolutely adorable. She loves to talk. Sometimes she gets so loud, you have to really look at her to figure out if she's happy or upset.

This past weekend, she started getting pretty fussy and was gnawing at her hands even more than usual. I could see three little "white spots" on her gums. Today, I could barely feel where one tooth has broken through her gums. Believe it or not, the tooth is NOT one of her two front teeth! Those are the other two "white spots" I can see. I think it is either a cuspid or a first year molar - it just seems too early for either one. It was hard for me to tell tonight, so I will have to do some more investigating tomorrow.

Levi has been attending a soccer program on Saturdays, learning some of the basics of soccer and how to listen to a coach. We had one rough week, where we ended up not even staying for the lesson, but other than that, he has done really well. I've been negligent on the pictures. There are two more sessions, I believe, so I will do my best to capture a few highlights.

Levi's teacher told me the other day that he has a wonderful vocabulary and that he loves to talk to adults. He will talk to his teachers from last year, Ms. Ann and Ms. Donna, as soon as he arrives on the playground. Levi has been taking computer class at school, and he is really enjoying it. He also likes going to Missions, and he has told me about Haiti - how some of the people there have to carry water on their heads and how they have dirty water. At church on Sundays, he goes to "big group" where he has learned about Mexico and how to sing "Jesus Loves Me" in Spanish!! He has learned a new prayer from his teacher - the Superman prayer. I'll have to get it on video. Levi loves to sing, and I love hearing him sing songs about God and Jesus. It is so awesome to know that he already has these "kid" songs in his heart and mind - because those "kid" songs represent some incredible truths!

Nana and Papa (Kevin's parents) arrived yesterday to help us this week as we are in between caregivers for Kara Jane. (I will spare the details of that story, but the stress of that and my job are two main reasons I have been missing from the blogging world lately.) Levi was so excited to see them. He's been telling us, "I'm missing my Nana, my Papa, and my Dee Dee." Dee Dee couldn't come this trip, but they will all be coming back to experience Halloween with them.

One other thing that has resulted from the stress (that I'd rather not talk about here) is that Kara Jane is now on formula. The guilt I feel is huge with that change, but my supply was getting so low she just wasn't getting enough. I could really tell on the weekends when she could never go as long between feedings as she could on the weekdays when she would get at least a certain amount from the bottle.

Daddy is super busy at school - and doing extremely well this semester. He is also teaching as a GTA - and while it takes him away a great deal of the time, we are very thankful for the benefits that come with the position.

I really do apologize for not keeping things more up to date here. I will try to do better - and I am sorry I can't use more accountable language than "try".

No comments: