Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Time for Your Check-up

I took both girls to the doctor today for their check-ups - two-month for Liza and eighteen month (i.e. WAY overdue) for Kara Jane.  I so wish I'd had a camera, because Kara Jane just melted my heart today.  I decided not to pull out the stroller to get the girls into and out of the doctor's office.  So, I had Kara hold my hand, which she did SO well.  Whenever I have her little hand in mine, my heart melts just a little bit more.  Anyway, we get into the doctor's office and wait just a few minutes.  We get back into the room and I have the privilege of getting both girls undressed to their diapers for weight and height checks.  I balk at the idea for a moment, and then get down to business.  Once they are both sporting the diapered look, we head out to the general area - Kara Jane prancing, I mean, leading the way.  She is absolutely precious and melts the hearts of the nurses just a little bit too.  She stands up on the scale like a big girl, lets the nurse measure her height and her head - like a princess crown.  Then it's Liza's turn, and Kara Jane just stays right with me.  We go back to the room, and Kara just plays around as we wait for the doctor.  When the doctor comes in, there is no fussing, just absolute sweetness.  Even when she got her one shot, she cried for about two seconds and then it was over.  I was simply amazed by her today.

Wish I could say that Liza's portion of the appointment was as easy...

The girls' stats:
Kara Jane weighed 25.6 pounds (70th percentile); 32 1/4 inches tall (75th percentile); 19 in head circumference (90th percentile).
Liza weighed 9 pounds 3 ounces (10th percentile); 21 3/4 inches "tall" (25th percentile); 15 in head circumference (15th percentile).  

1 comment:

Kathy Rains said...

Sweet girls! Liza is a preemie, so she'll catch up.