Monday, August 19, 2013

First Day of School (K, 2s, and Crawlers)

Today marks a very important day in the Hughes household.  Levi started kindergarten.  His teacher is Mrs. Morgan.  After he met her last Friday, she's made it on his prayer list - as did a little girl in his class named Megan.  Her papers were next to his at Meet the Teacher.  I showed him the paper and said something about that little girl has the same name as your new cousin.  So in his prayers he distinguishes her by calling her "the Megan in my class".

Kara Jane will be back at the ELC and loved on two new teachers to the school - Ms. Ann and Ms. Brittany.  

Liza Roo is also at the ELC this year and has Ms. Melissa again - and Ms. Aubrey!  Yes, the same Ms. Aubrey who loved on our Kara Jane her first year.  So thankful to have both of these wonderful women loving on my baby girl!

I can hear Khaki and Q (and CC and Audy) now... "Enough writing - we want pictures."

Here's Kara Jane standing next to her backpack and behind her nap mat.

Liza Roo showing Khaki that she did wear shoes to school - although she didn't have them on her feet when I picked her up!
 Happy girl!
 And here's our little man.  Dressed in his favorite color.
Here he is posing in his new shoes.
My three munchkins.
Kara Jane walking into school.
I was so impressed with Levi this morning.  We have been talking about kindergarten for a long time.  Often he would tell me over the summer that he didn't want to go.  He wanted to go back to the ELC.  He wanted to be back in Ms. Jennifer's class.  We had been trying to encourage him.  I had talked with him about how God has called us to be strong and courageous.  We had been praying for his teacher.  And today, my little man picked up his backpack, hopped out of the van with a big smile on his face, and walked into that big school without his mama or his daddy and without a tear on his face.  Makes this mama want to cry all over again with joy and thanksgiving.


1 comment:

Kathy Rains said...

Makes me cry. :-(
They are growing up.