Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Grandparents

Levi and I have a little game when he will sometimes try to talk around his pacifier. I will say, "I can't understand you, Levi, with your pap in your mouth. You need to take that pap out of your mouth and tell Mama." He'll pull it out real quick, grin really big, and then put it back in just as quick.

One evening last week, Levi and I were on our way home. While sitting in his carseat, he said, "Pap!" I pulled out his pacifier and passed it back to him. I still asked him to say certain words, reminding him that he needed to take out his pap to say them. Me: "Say Mama." Levi: Suck, suck on the pap. Me: "Say Dada." Levi: Suck, suck on the pap. Me: "Say pow." Levi: Suck, suck on the pap. Me: "Say Nana." Levi: Suck, suck on the pap. Me: "Say Papa." Levi: "Papa!" Pap back in the mouth: suck, suck. Only Papa is worthy of removing the pap!

Sunday is our typical Skype night with my parents. This past Sunday evening, Levi and I were playing outside. It was starting to get cooler, so I said, "Levi, time to go inside. We need to get ready to see Mama K and Q." He looked at me, grinned really big, and headed for the door to go inside. We got inside, and he promptly walked to the office, where we have our Skype date. I turned on the lamp. Levi looked at it, then looked at the overhead light and headed to the switch to turn it on, which is usually required so that they can see him (I mean, us) well. He then headed to the desk, on which he usually sits to begin our conversation. Levi greeted them with his tongue sticking out, because his Q will usually end up doing that at some point in the conversation. (What a memory!) While we were talking, Levi also pointed at each of them several times. It was one of his best Skype nights and fun to see how he attempted to interact with his "flat" grandparents.

2 comments:

Quimby said...

It was a fun night when he was pointing at us. He is so smart and so much fun. We miss ya'll. Looking forward to seeing you all this weekend in person even though it will be short.
Love Dad (Q)

Kathy Rains said...

Thanks for the updates, Lindy. He is so smart and so precious. We're looking forward to being 3-D this weekend! Love you!