Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Another Long Break

Sorry for the long break to those who read my blog. We've been busy. I know that really isn't much of an excuse, because everyone is busy. So, I just have to ask for forgiveness - and give you the best update I can.

After approximately one week in our new house, we had to make a trip back to Augusta for my work. We are blessed to be able to stay at my in-law's house, which also means I get to take hubby and child with me! Levi really misses his papa, and he could barely contain his excitement when we pulled into their driveway. His papa is pretty smitten with Levi, so he didn't seem to mind all that much when Levi decided he needed to be his helper on one particular evening.


Levi's vocabulary is expanding at an incredibly fast rate. He really is a sponge, and some of the things he says just crack me up! One day in Augusta, Daddy took Levi to the shoe store to buy him some church shoes. Levi walked into the store with Daddy and told the man working in the store, "I buy shoes!"

We got back home on Friday, June 25. That night was Levi's first night without his "pap". I rocked him to sleep, telling him that he was a big boy and that his daddy and I were so proud of him. I must admit that I cried after I put him to bed. I knew that his best friend to date was gone and that my baby was really becoming a "big boy".

This picture was taken on Saturday, after his first night without his "pap".



Levi didn't cry nearly as much as I thought he would that first night or over the following days. But, he does still occasionally ask for his pap. His sleep has also been affected, because he had been so used to soothing himself back to sleep with his pap. We tried something new last night, and it seemed to work okay. We'll keep trying a few more nights before we know for sure.

Levi went to the pool for the first time last week at Audy's apartment complex. He did really well kicking his feet, but he really liked watching Audy flip and "fall down".

Daddy, Levi, Audy, and I went to a baseball game - Levi's first - on Saturday night. Levi was very excited. The background noise is loud in this video, but I think you can still hear his sweet voice telling you where we are and what he wants to do - PITCH!



Even after we explained that we were there to watch baseball, he still wanted to pitch. Once the game started, he decided that he'd rather hit and tried to take Audy down on the field so he could show off!



After the game, Levi got to see his first firework show. When the lights turned off and the fireworks started, his eyes grew to the size of saucers and he teared up a little bit. We covered his ears, and he sat in daddy's lap for a little while watching, then he moved to my lap. I covered his ears, and he pretended to go to sleep! He "woke up" for the finale and moved to Kevin's lap. He didn't cry anymore, but he told us on the way home that he "didn't like fireworks."

Since he didn't seem too thrilled with the fireworks, we decided to skip the firework festivities on the 4th, after celebrating the 4th and Q's 60th birthday (a little early) with family on Sunday.

Moving update: the moving company has already picked up all our boxes and paper; we are finally beginning to hang some pictures on the walls.

2 comments:

Kathy Rains said...

So sweet! Thanks for the update. I can only imagine how busy you are with a move and a new job; I am so proud of you! (Of course, the cute subject calls for updates!) Love you!

Kathy Rains said...

I can't believe he will be 2 tomorrow! We loved seeing you guys Saturday. While your dad was walking around at the pizza place, your dad thought he was showing him pin-ball machines for the first time. Levi turned his little head to your dad and said, "I need money." He's amazing!