Saturday, September 25, 2010

Airplane

Mama went on a business trip for two nights. Nana and Papa Hughes came to stay with Levi since both of the nights while I was away were late nights for Daddy at class. Levi had a great time with them. Thursday night, though, Kevin called while he was putting Levi to bed. He said that Levi wanted to talk to me. "Mama on airplane. Mama on airplane," Levi repeated to me at least three times. I told him that, yes, mama did ride on an airplane. I asked him if he was going to come to the airport to pick up mama. He said, "Yes!" - as in, "Hello? Who else would come to get you?" Well, Friday evening after a long afternoon in a couple of different airports, I cannot begin to describe how excited I was to see both my boys waiting for me at the end of the "concourse". Apparently, they had been waiting for a while (almost an hour!!), but Levi didn't seem to mind at all. At our local airport there is a bank of windows for those waiting to watch the runway, and he really enjoyed that. He was also pretty excited to see me. I got bunches of hugs and kisses!

It sure is good to be home!

1 comment:

Kathy Rains said...

I'm glad you are home, too. Love you!