Thursday, December 27, 2012

Roo's Name

As I've said on the blog before, Levi had decided that baby girl's name was going to be "Roo Sunshine".  We've been calling her "Roo" or "Baby Roo" ever since.  So, Kevin and I had a very difficult time coming up with her "real" name.  After much debate - and maybe even a few tears on my part (thank you post-partum emotional roller coaster), we have finally chosen a name...

Liza Evelyn

Liza means "God's oath".  It is also the name of my great-great-grandmother.  She raised eight boys and is remembered as being soft-spoken.  Even her daughters-in-law spoke kindly of her and were glad to have her visit, according to an email my mom received that talked about her.

Evelyn is Kevin's mom's given name and the name of Kevin's grandmother.  Grandmother Evelyn planted a seed within Kevin for his love of history.  That seed has grown into a tree that will not cease to grow as he pursues his doctorate.

Even with this name - and with my lack of love for nicknames - she is still called "Roo".  It really does fit her...

1 comment:

Quimby said...

A beautiful name for a beautiful girl. Love Dad (Q)