Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween 2013

This year, Levi wanted to be Anakin Skywalker.  When I heard that, I immediately thought of cute little Anakin in the first of the Star Wars movies.  All the costumes out there, however, were for the "older" Anakin.  I just couldn't stomach it.  When I saw the Luke costume, I thought it looked like Anakin's costume when he was younger.  I thought I might be able to trick Levi.  Unfortunately, he saw the packaging first and read very quickly: Luke Skywalker.  Once he saw his new lightsaber, though, he quickly became excited to be Luke.  Sigh of relief.

When I asked Kara Jane what she wanted to be, her first answer was Doc McStuffins.  Quickly she changed her mind to "Sia" - i.e. Sofia the First.  I knew she would be one of a million Sofias, but she's let her opinion be known, so we went with it. 


This year added the cousins to our trick-or-treating group. What fun!!
 
AND, the annual tradition continues with the Happy Harpers - and I couldn't be happier about it.
Yes, two Sofias - aren't they the cutest Sofias you've EVER seen???
This year was different for us, though, because Daddy was in St. Louis for a history conference.  So, he didn't get to see first hand that Liza really didn't hate her chick costume.
 She even went around for a little while with the big kids.  See?  No tears!
 Kara Jane was pretty excited about these fake Dracula teeth.
 I promise that Liza wasn't crying the whole time.  Her tears didn't affect Levi's taste of Sour Patch Kids.

Happy Halloween!!

No comments: