Friday, April 17, 2009

Update

Levi and I have been working on sitting from the laying down position. I'd put him on his side, position one arm for pushing off the floor, and offer him my finger to pull himself up with his other arm. He wouldn't really use my finger as he pushed himself up, but he acted as if my finger was vital to the process. Until today... I watched as he pushed himself from his right side into the sitting position. He knew he had done something special by my over-the-top reaction, but I couldn't get him to recreate it on his own. Guess we'll just have to keep trying. If you ask Levi's Mama K and Q, they'll tell you that they actually saw his first sitting from laying on Easter morning. He wouldn't do it again, though, so Kevin and I wouldn't believe them. Why not, you might ask? As grandparents, they seem to believe that Levi does things WAY earlier than he actually does. For example, over Christmas, they believed Levi was sitting up days before he was actually sitting up, because they could move their hands about an inch away and he'd stay seated about one second before leaning into their hands. Kevin wasn't here tonight to see Levi actually do it, so he probably won't believe me, either. Oh, well. We'll just keep practicing until he's proficient.

Levi won't let me get a good look at his top gums, but it feels like his top left tooth is breaking through.

This past weekend, I bought Levi his first toothbrush. It is green with little trains on the handle. The first night I introduced it to him, I put it in his mouth. He got the funniest look on his face and pushed it away - he really seems to be big into textures. For the past few nights, I've been giving him the toothbrush to hold while he's in his bath, just so he gets the feel of it and to see if he'd put it in his mouth on his own. Tonight, he kept putting it in his mouth - chewing on it and rubbing it on his gums. Hopefully this is a good indicator that he will not fight me on brushing his teeth when he gets older.

Levi is still sick. He seemed to be getting better until Wednesday; now his nose is really runny and his cough still sounds productive. We're still doing his breathing treatments, but his cough just isn't sounding much better. I made an appointment for him to see the doctor on Monday afternoon, but if he sounds any worse (or if he has another bad night) we'll probably take him to the weekend clinic.

2 comments:

Quimby said...

Levi DID sit up on Easter morning. He kinda rolled to his right then pushed up with his left hand. I know I saw it
Love
Dad (Q)

Kathy Rains said...

We tried to tell you he could do this on his own! He's so smart and athletic! Love you all!!!