Sunday, October 10, 2010

Singing

Since Levi goes to school five days a week, he gets to go to music twice each week. He loves it. He likes showing me the music room when I pick him up, almost as much as he likes showing me the playground. Levi also loves to sing with me. His four favorites: "My God is SO Big!", "Don't build your house...", "Down in my heart", and "Take me out to the ballgame". I can start a line, and he'll finish it - except for the house song. He just likes to clap during it.

This past Wednesday, the church we've been attending had a "family gathering". Daddy had school, but Levi and I went with Audy. It was fun, and Levi got to hear some wonderful singing. The choir at the church released a CD on that same day. We didn't stay through the entire part of the gathering, but one song seemed to stick with Levi. We got into the car and decided to listen to the new CD. The very first song was the last song sung before we left - and the one that stuck with him. During the song, Levi started saying, "It's that guy!" or something to that effect - reminding us that the man singing on the CD was the very same man singing the very same song sung right before we left.

Now, every time we've been in the car together, he's wanted to hear "that guy sing". Today on our way to church was no exception. I turned it off when we got in the parking lot of the church, and asked if he wanted to hear more.



Overall, the most precious part to me, though, about him wanting to hear this song was that today I had it playing, and I saw movement in the backseat. Levi was raising his hands up and waving them like he was being moved by the Spirit! It was awesome! This evening, though, here's what he did.


Once I turned off the car, we headed to the church. He asked to go to "big church". He told me that he wanted to see the guitars and hear the singing. So, he came to big church for a few minutes to hear the music. He did so wonderfully - and he was so precious - clapping his little hands, watching all the people around us singing and praising our Lord.

2 comments:

a said...

It was so precious! I'm glad he asked to come to big church!

Kathy Rains said...

He is SO PRECIOUS!