Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas 2011, Part 1

We usually have Christmas with my Mama Rains and my aunt and her family on Christmas Eve, but since we were anticipating Kevin's parents and aunt arriving the day before Christmas Eve we celebrated Christmas early. My mom's brother and sister-in-law (Uncle Wes and Aunt Joy) also made the trip, which made the pre-Christmas Eve celebration even more fun!!

My camera did not make it through the whole day - in fact it only took one picture. It was a sweet one, though.



Mama Rains rocked Kara Jane almost the entire time we were there. Kara fell asleep in her arms. Mama Rains said that she had a whole bunch of rocking to do for herself, my Papa, and my Grandmother Greer. I really missed them even more than usual today. She also talked about how she knew her arms were going to start having that same "aching" feeling that she got when me and my sisters were growing up and she hadn't seen us in a while. She would be "aching" to hold us again.

No comments: