Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas songs

I was driving home from work, and THE Christmas song of Rains family tradition came on the radio. I must admit, I have NEVER heard it on the radio before. Many of you - my loyal readers ;-) - have probably never heard it before. Every Christmas that I can remember from growing up, though, my mom and dad would play the Alabama Christmas album (yep, album!). On this album is THE Christmas song, Thistlehair the Christmas Bear. Kevin thinks it is VERY silly, and I admit it is. But, it is a Christmas classic in the Rains household. While I listened to it as I was travelling home, though, I realized it would quickly become one of Levi's favorites. Why, you ask? Because it has his favorite sound "la" in it. So, when I got home, I promptly sang the chorus and the "la" part - he LOVED it! His other favorite Christmas song is "Deck the Halls" (remember, the "la" connection!).

No comments: