Saturday, December 13, 2008

Five Months Old


It is hard to believe that I am the mother of a five month old! He is growing up so fast. He is full of smiles and laughs. He is still very talkative; although he does seem to have quieted down just a little. He is still turning over like an old pro, but he still hasn't managed to figure out how to roll over in any other way than from his back to his tummy on his left side. Yet, he is still so proud of himself for this accomplishment. He is beginning to move items from hand to hand. He still loves his bath and is starting to really splash the water. He loves to hear the water running. I think he's figured out that if he drops his paci he gets to go with me to the sink to wash it off, so his paci ends up on the floor quite often.


I am so amazed at our little man, at this gift that God has entrusted to me and Kevin. I am at times overwhelmed by love for him and awed by the fact that God loves Levi even more than I do and that God loves me even more than I love Levi. It is hard to imagine a love like that, but I am so thankful for it. This Christmas season, I am even more mindful of the baby Jesus and not just the man Jesus. God humbled Himself to come as a baby - a perfect little baby who was dependant on a young woman, who was not perfect just a willing servant. I pray that I will be that kind of servant and that God will show me how to raise Levi to be that type of servant, a man of God, a man after God's own heart.

1 comment:

Quimby said...

You and Kevin are so blessed.
Love
Dad (Q)
PS Levi is very lucky too.