Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bananas

Levi tried bananas for the first time Saturday morning. He didn't seem to like them at all the first few bites. The majority of each bite ended up getting spit out and then sliding down his chin. Since he didn't seem to like the bananas, we moved to his oatmeal. I made it in the same coffee cup, though, in which I'd put the bananas. So he had a little of the residual taste of the bananas; I wanted to see if he might like the bananas better if they were mixed with his oatmeal. Well, he still made a little bit of a face at the oatmeal, but he ate it all. So, I decided to give the bananas themselves another try. Here is his reaction:

Sunday morning, I added the oatmeal directly to the bananas. That seemed to work much better for Levi - and he's been eating bananas every morning at school this week!

Since Levi had been feeling so much better and we all made it through the week without any further sicknesses, we finally made it to church on Sunday morning. I had to take some pictures of Levi in his cute little sweater. The first picture isn't that great of Levi, but you can see his sweater. The other one is a little bit cuter of him.



Levi reaches for just about anything and attempts to get up on his knees to propel himself forward - but he still is not "mobile". Levi also still doesn't have any teeth! Nothing to show yet for all that drooling and gnawing. I still love his gummy grins!

4 comments:

a said...

I've been checking and checking for your new update and here it was!! I loved the video! Glad to hear that he's liking bananas more though...he needs to like them!

Kathy Rains said...

What a reaction! Thanks for posting for us. Love you!

Quimby said...

Been checking too. Only two to three times a day. Love the video, cant wait to see yall this weekend.
love
dad(Q)

agirlinawhirl said...

That video made me laugh out loud. How funny.