Monday, February 2, 2009

The Forest

My past several blogs have been all about Levi's illness. They have been silent on the positive things that have been going on with Levi. You could say Mama has let the blog focus on the tree and not the forest. So, I'm going to attempt to fix that with this blog.

Levi is sitting up really well. He has very few occasions when he topples now, but I still tend to be worried, so the Boppy remains behind him to "catch" him, just in case. He stretches himself out to reach for toys that he wants, and he will occasionally fall face first in his efforts. Usually, though, he'll be able to right himself into his sitting position.

Levi likes to put his paci in his mouth himself. Levi still loves his bath. His new favorite bathtime fun is to suck on a clean, wet washcloth. He still really enjoys splashing, too, but he sometimes concentrates so hard on the sucking that he forgets to splash! Levi likes to turn the pages while we read. He gets frustrated sometimes if I don't wait on him to turn the page himself.

Levi loves to eat in his high chair. He has moved beyond rice cereal to trying oatmeal, which he wasn't too crazy about, and carrots, which really have grown on him. Our first attempts at carrots were short lived due to his sickness, but we're moving forward now. I'm debating now as to what will be next for Levi's food repertoire - sweet peas or sweet potatoes. Oh, the dilemma! ;-)


Levi loves the Fisher Price Musical Aquarium that he got for Christmas. I pulled it out last week, and he loves to put the fishies in it. He hasn't quite mastered getting the fishies out of the aquarium, but that doesn't really affect his enjoyment.


He also has started playing with his Fisher Price Dunk-N-Cheer. He's finally understanding how to shoot a basket, but he loves to push the basketball on the left, pull the basket down to make the crowd "cheer", move the numbers on the top round and round, and push the little boy on the right.

Levi slept through the night last night - for me at least. He cried for about a minute around 9 pm but then didn't wake up again until 4 am. That's what time I'd need him to wake up if I was going to work, so it was wonderful. Except of course when I woke up at 1:30 in a panic remembering that I hadn't heard him. I'm not counting on this being his "norm", but oh how I wish it would be!

Levi is feeling much better. He is no longer wheezing, and his coughing sounds so much better, also. He continues to get a fever in the late afternoon, though, which is why I am home with him again today. Well, that's as good of an excuse as I needed anyway! I think I will have to go back to work tomorrow, but I will be off again with Levi on Friday to go back to the doctor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He obviously likes to eat more than my kids - that's why they are small and sleep well! He's hungry and wakes up, but I'm very glad to hear the progress he's making.

He's getting older meaning he will make sleeping all night a habit soon. Most of time when parenting, you don't care, you just want to get to the goal, and then you look bad and realize how far you've come, which is bittersweet, so don't forget to enjoy holding him when he wakes you up at 1:30 am!