Thursday, July 23, 2009

More!

Kevin and I have been showing Levi "more" for months with no copying or response by Levi. Levi loves to eat, and so for the past week or so I would show him "more" and then use his hands to show "more" before giving him more food on his tray. This past weekend, I asked him if he wanted "more" and he repeated it back. I gave him huge praise, and he was SO proud of himself. He still gets pretty excited when "more" works (which it just about always does). At first, Kevin and I wondered if "more" just meant food, but he's shown "more" on several occasions for different things - toys, books, milk. But I think he still associates "more" with food, because he has also shown "more" and then pointed to the refrigerator. Oh well, it still gets the point across and he is so excited to be communicating.

The other thing he has learned this week is where everyone (except his own) nose is, but I haven't gotten that on video.

4 comments:

Quimby said...

He is so smart. Can't wait to see yall.
love dad(Q)

Kathy Rains said...

Brilliant!

a said...

That was incredible! He is SO smart! I can't wait to see him pointing to noses!

5308 6th said...

Could he be any cuter?! Can't wait to see "more" in person!