Monday, August 3, 2009

What a Week!

A quick recap from last week, along with a few pictures.

Saturday, July 25: Garrett's first birthday party. Garrett's mom is a friend of mine from work.

After the party, Levi and I headed to Birmingham to spend most of the week at my sister's house. I had training at the corporate office Tuesday through Thursday.

Sunday, July 26: Levi, Aunt Chery, Uncle Chris, and I met Aunt Audry at Audry's church. Levi went to the nursery, where his "teacher" told me what an incredible arm Levi has and that he thinks I've got a ball player on my hands! Mama K and Q came that afternoon to spend some extra time with Levi.

Monday, July 27: In the morning, Levi and I visited my bf from college, Jamie, and her two kids. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera. It was really fun to watch our kids interact. I miss Jamie so much!

That afternoon, Levi, his aunts, and I made the trip to visit our Mama Rains. Levi fell asleep on the way to visit her, but he was very alert and ready to show off once we got there. We had such a wonderful visit!
Tuesday through Thursday, I was in class, and Aunt Audry took care of Levi. Aunt Chery took a half a day off, too, to spend some extra time with the little man. Here are a couple of pictures from the week to show Levi with his uncle Chris and aunt Chery.
Thursday, July 30: Kevin surprised us and met us at Chery's. Levi, Audry, Kevin, and I headed to Mama K and Q's.
Friday, July 31: We had dinner with Levi's great aunt Kathy and great uncle Wayne. My cousin Collier stopped by, too, before he went to hang with his friends. Unfortunately, no pictures from that visit...
Saturday, August 1: Levi got fixed up - we went shopping for a pair of shoes. We went into the Stride Rite store with a barefoot baby, and he crawled out with a new pair of shoes. We got him to walk out of the mall on his new shoes, and he loved them. I'll show a picture of them later.
Levi visited with his great uncle Wes and great aunt Joy (no pictures again - so sorry!!). Great-Grandmother also came for a visit. Levi actually sat still for her while she read him a couple of books. GGG is apparently a wonderful storyteller.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

My Granny was GGG too - Great-Granny Gladden, but the kids just called her granny. She would have loved reading to them. You are fortunate to see your grandmother read to Levi. My kids sang to my granny instead. Sorry to say sad thoughts - I just thought of it and thought I would share. It was nice to see you last week.

a said...

I loved the week in pictures! It was SO much fun! Can't wait to see the new shoes!

Quimby said...

Loved the visit too short. Happy bithday Lindy ,we love you.Levi is so smart better watch out he observers and thinks about everything.
Love Dad (Q)
PS the shoes are great it wont be long now till hes running

Kathy Rains said...

I had so much fun! Thanks so much for adding Madison onto your trip to Alabama. Thanks, too, for letting us tag along for the shoe shopping. The shoes are perfect for a precious boy! Love you all! I hope you had a good birthday!