Thursday, August 13, 2009

13 Months

Levi is 13 months old today. He is such a character. He will wave to people from afar, but he loves to act shy when he first meets them. Levi loves fans, remote controls, computers, turning on and off lights, cameras, being outside, and eating. He loves the camera so much that he usually won't be still long enough for me to take a picture. He sees the camera and wants to see the back of it to see his picture. Most of the time, when he's ready for a nap, he likes to find a book and climb up in your lap for you to read it to him. He hates to hear the word, "NO!" When we say the word to stop him from doing something he shouldn't, his usual reaction (when the word is said forcibly) is to cry. And I'm not talking a little whimper; I'm talking boo-hoo's. It is so sad. We'll pick him up and comfort him and try to explain to him why we said, "NO!", but it usually takes him a while to settle down enough for us to be heard. So, I'm not so sure that our explanation means that much once he can finally hear it. His comfort is having us hold him and not hearing the explanation.

He still loves taking a bath. Last night, he discovered that his basketball from his "bathketball" set can make a funny noise against his belly. When I made the noise on his belly, he thought it was so funny. Tonight, he wanted me to do it "more", but I didn't have my camera until after a few iterations. Once we got the camera, his reaction had tapered down a little bit, but it was still pretty funny.

2 comments:

Kathy Rains said...

He is too cute! This is another video that Q and I will play over and over again. We love you!

a said...

bahahaa! I was late seeing it, but I loved it!!