Monday, August 10, 2009

Another Week

I feel like I'm still playing catch up to a certain extent from our week away from home so blogging did not make it very high on my list of things to do once Levi was in bed last week. I also didn't take many pictures. Levi and I have been playing hard after I get home from work. He's keeping me busy - and I love every minute of it! Levi loves to be outside, so we spend a while out front usually every evening. Whenever Levi hears a car or truck turn down our street, he looks up and starts waving, "Hello!" It is fun for me to watch him and watch the people's reactions. A big smile usually lights their faces. Some of them look like his little smile just made their day!!

Levi is still not walking. (Any suggestions?) His crawling is just still very efficient for him, and he doesn't seem to mind holding our hands or using his push-walker when he wants to move on just two feet.

On Saturday, I made blueberry pancakes. Levi LOVED them - but then again Kevin and I haven't found much that Levi doesn't like when it comes to food!

Before I went to sleep last night, I made some more pancakes for Levi's breakfasts this week - strawberry, peach, blueberry, and a blueberry-strawberry combo. Kevin said that Levi "ate the fool out of the pancakes" again this morning.

On Saturday, Kevin bought my belated birthday gift - a blender and the cookbook, Deceptively Delicious. Now, as I said before, Levi hasn't met many foods that he doesn't like, but there are some things that I can't seem to get the right texture for him - like zucchini, yellow squash, and different types of meat. He still only has the four teeth, so he's limited on chewing. I thought the cookbook might give me some good hints on still getting a variety of veggies in him without him having to "chew". I made some of the purees yesterday afternoon, and Levi loved playing with the ends of the yellow squash and zucchini.

Tonight was my first experiment with the new cookbook - and Levi's first taste of macaroni and cheese. I think this may have also been my first real go at homemade mac and cheese.

More!!

Can you see the "leftovers" all over his face? He loved it!


Praying for Their Footsteps will be posted tomorrow.

5 comments:

a said...

SO CUTE! He's already changed so much! Was there squash in the macaroni? Yum!

Quimby said...

I bet his first word will be more. He is a good eater glad he likes everything thats good. He is so cute.
Love Dad (Q)

Lindy said...

Yep, the "deceptive" part was the pureed yellow squash. Even Kevin liked the mac-and-cheese!

Kathy Rains said...

Sounds yummy! Levi is so precous. I know he brought smiles to every person driving by. I have a story to tell you later about my dad and waving to cars going by. Love you all so much!

The Black Family said...

Patience, he will be walking soon enough. Everyone moves at their own pace. I wouldn't worry.