Thursday, August 27, 2009

Open House

Tonight was Levi's first Open House. He begins a Mother's Day Out program at our church on Tuesdays and Thursdays next week. There will be nine other little ones in his class, several of them from his Sunday school class. Levi will be one of the younger ones, but all of the kids have to be one by September 1 and no older than 18 months. He will have two teachers, Ms. Jean and Ms. Angela. Levi and I only met one of them tonight. He did not want to go to Ms. Jean when we first got there, but he finally left my side once he saw all the toys and all the other kids playing. I think he will have a good time; it will be good for him to interact with some other kids for a few hours every week; and it will give his grandmother, granddaddy, and great aunt a break. However, I must be honest, I would still rather not have Levi anywhere but home... with me.

I did get my wish one day this week. I was really sick on Monday and went to an urgent care place that night. I didn't even try to go to work Tuesday, though I felt much better when I woke up. Levi and I had a VERY fun day together. I love being at home with him. Is it bad that I'd rather be sick than go to work?

Levi's growing up fast. He's still working on those two teeth on the outside of his two front top teeth. While he still prefers crawling, he walked about 30 steps for me on Tuesday. He is continuing to get more and more comfortable on his own two feet.

3 comments:

a said...

Aw! I'm sad you were sick, but glad that you had a fun Levi day! Sounds like he'll like his school!

Quimby said...

Do they have a train table?
Will they play? sing? lesson? color?
Love dad (Q)

Lindy said...

There is a train table outside of the room. He found it that night and stood there for a long time. They will play, sing, color, and do a lesson of some sorts.