Sunday, September 13, 2009

Fourteen Months

Today, Levi is fourteen months old. He loves to play outside, throw balls, catch balls, swing the baseball bat, and swing the club. Levi loves any type of remote control, camera, or cell phone. Levi is still fascinated with light switches; his fascination with fans is slowly waning. He loves to "talk"; although his actual words are few. He is consistent with, "Mama", though, and - of course - "pow!" I'm not really sure that "pow!" would be considered a word. Oh well. He loves his paci, but we're trying to only let him have it during naps or at night. So far, that transition is going well. I'm not sure how we'll ever get him not to want the paci when he's sleeping, though.

Levi experiences separation anxiety when he is first left somewhere - particularly church or MDO. He was not sure what to think this morning at church, though, because Kevin and I are teaching his class. At first, he would cry whenever someone would come to the room - thinking that I was surely going to leave him there. He eventually got over that fear though and had fun with us in his room.

Yesterday, Levi had a very rough day. I actually debated whether or not to even take any pictures today - let alone post them. However, rough days are going to be par for the course now that we have an official toddler. So, before I show the pictures, here's the story. I had both french doors shut between the sunroom and the breakfast area. Levi lost his balance and fell into one of the doors, with his forehead connecting with one of the wood panes of the door. He cried big time, and he ended up with a pretty mean looking knot on his head. I felt horrible. Of course, that can't be all... We were outside playing with a soccer ball. It ended up on the sidewalk and before I could get there, he'd already leaned for it - and toppled over the soccer ball. He landed on - you guessed it - the EXACT same place he had hurt before. So instead of just a mean looking knot / bruise, he has two skinned places. Here's my little bruiser...

2 comments:

Kathy Rains said...

I'm sure those bumps and bruises hurt you far longer than they hurt him. He still looks like a very happy little boy! Love you all! Thanks for posting.

a said...

I love it! I agree with Mom - they definitely hurt you more than him; he seems perfectly happy!