Sunday, July 10, 2011

Levi's Family Birthday Party

Daddy and I decided to try having two birthday parties for Levi this year - a family party and a friend party. Today was Levi's family party, and he was SO excited. He played really hard with the big boys until it started to rain. Then, he finally settled down enough to let someone read to him - and he really latched onto Alexa (my cousin's "little" girl) after that.


Levi decided shortly after his birthday last year that he wanted to have a Veggie Tales birthday. My sisters were gracious enough to make his cake again this year. I thought it turned out really well -

- and Levi LOVED it!


Daddy and I searched high and low in Wal-Mart for a birthday hat and couldn't find one. We ended up saying that it wouldn't be a big deal. Imagine my surprise when Levi came up to me while I was finishing dinner and said, "Mama, where's my birthday hat?" I couldn't believe it!! I told him that we didn't have one, but that he needed to ask Daddy too. My family sprang into action, and Alexa made Levi the most precious birthday hat ever!


We bravely put Levi on the kitchen island as we sang, "Happy Birthday", to him. He looked around at every person with the cutest little grin as we sang.


Kara Jane wasn't forgotten, though. All the girls were very excited when they got to put a tutu on her.



Thank you to everyone who came - for the gifts and for making it such a special time by taking the time to come. We love you all and are so thankful to have such a loving family.

4 comments:

Quimby said...

It was a great time for a great kid
Such a personalty and the facial expressions are so wonderful.
Happy birthday big boy.
Love Dad (Q)

a said...

It was so fun! I hope his friend party was great - looking forward to the pictures.
I LOVE the blog header!

Levi Hughes said...

I am going to be the person I used to be with a little extra.

Levi Hughes said...

I will be more like my old self with a little more.