Friday, July 8, 2011

One Month Check-up

I took Kara to the doctor today for her one month check-up at 5 weeks old. Our little girl weighed 9.1 pounds (over 3 pound weight gain from when we brought her home from the hospital), which puts her in the 50th percentile. She measured 21.5 inches long, a 1 inch gain from birth - and in the 75th percentile. Her head circumference was 14.5 inches - the 25th percentile.

She is a pretty good eater; although she spits up quite a bit after every feeding - much like Levi did.

Kara Jane still loves to be swaddled. She also seems to like having something at the bottom of her feet when she's sleeping. Patting her rear-end if she's fussy soothes her. Trust me, though, she's not fussy very often unless she's hungry, hurting (think gas pains or needing to spit up), or so sleepy she can't get herself to sleep.


Nana, Papa, and Dee Dee were here to visit for the upcoming family birthday party. They arrived on Wednesday and have a great help - either entertaining Levi or holding Kara.
Levi is still doing really well with Kara. When Nana, Papa, and Dee Dee got here, they were playing upstairs with Levi. I held Kara as I climbed the stairs to tell them something. Levi promptly met me at the top of the stairs and said, "Mama, go downstairs. Don't come up here." I knew they probably thought Levi was being terribly rude to me, but I knew what he was trying to say. He didn't want Kara Jane to come upstairs because he knew he wouldn't be able to keep playing baseball if she were there!

No comments: