Saturday, July 16, 2011

Levi's Friend Birthday Party

Daddy and I wanted to let Levi have a friend birthday party this year. He was very excited about seeing his friends from church and school - although, deciding who to invite was quite an event. He had an opinion on just about every person. When Khaki asked if she could come to his friend birthday party, he told her emphatically, "No! It's my FRIEND party!"

Levi had also been opinionated as to where the party was going to be held - a nearby park. So, when the day finally arrived, Daddy and I kept a close eye on the weather. Not sure whether we were hoping for an afternoon thunderstorm or not, but God gave us a truly wonderful day for a Saturday in mid-July. It was cloudy for most of the party, so the temperature wasn't all that horrible.


Levi had a great turnout to his party. We have been blessed with such sweet and wonderful friends.

Levi's aunt CC did an incredible job with the cupcakes...


The mom of one of Levi's friends looked at me after we sang "Happy Birthday" to Levi and said, "I wish I had my camera. His face was absolutely precious - made me want to cry." I knew just what she was talking about. While the birthday song is being sung to Levi, he looks around to each person with a smile of pure joy and absolute contentment. The exact same look from his second birthday and from his family birthday.


He was pretty excited when he blew out his candles.


He decided after he went to the pinata party earlier this summer that he wanted a pinata too. Here he is taking the first swing.

1 comment:

a said...

He's so cute! I love the singing picture.
The cupcakes looked great - excellent job CC!