Friday, November 7, 2008

Movin' and Shakin'

Levi LOVES to move.  The other day, Levi was on a blanket in the sunroom, and he turned himself 180 degrees.  He has figured out how to push off the floor or off of our hands to move himself around on his blanket.  Today, he even pushed off my hands while on his back and flipped himself to his tummy - he was trying to get to one of his toys (a lion).  Levi was very close today to turning over from his tummy to his back.  When Levi decided that story-time was over today (he still loves the Veggie Tales book, God made you special), he attempted to push himself away from me to "dive" for his lion.  Levi is also very rarely content anymore to just listen to me sing certain songs.  When I sing "Rise and Shine", I move his little legs like he's doing the twist.  When I sing "I'm in the Lord's Army", I help Levi march in the infantry, ride in the calvary, shoot the artillery, and zoom over the enemy.  When I sing "Father Abraham", Levi gets some help from Mama to move all the right body parts at the appropriate times.  If we listen to other music, we move Levi's little legs with the beat.  Kevin said that Levi kept the beat on his own yesterday!  Perhaps that's just a daddy's wish that his son will have a little more musical ability than me!!

No comments: