Thursday, January 29, 2009

We're still here!

Levi is still not 100%, though. However, he is on the mend. I have a few pictures to share of Levi taking a breathing treatment, but we recently got a new computer and haven't put the camera software on it yet. Maybe this weekend...

Kevin and I had quite a scare Tuesday night. Levi had a fever of 103.3 (rectally) and 102.5 in his ear. We gave him some Tylenol, and we called the doctor's after-hours number. The on-call nurse called us back, and we checked his fever again. It had started coming down. But, since he had woken up, the nurse suggested that we give him his latest antibiotic. It was cherry flavor, and Kevin dropped about one or two drops into his mouth. Levi threw up everywhere. We tried two more times - with the same result! It was horrible. I gave Levi a bath again, and we put him to bed in just a onesie (at the nurse's direction). I checked his temperature throughout the night while I gave him his breathing treatments. Since Tuesday, he's had a low-grade fever most of the time. We're not sure anymore if it is his body fighting the infection or his body reacting to him teething.

I've been staying at home with Levi, and I am loving it. I have to leave him tomorrow to go to work, and I dread being away from him. His grandma and granddaddy Hughes are going to watch him, though, so no school for Levi.

1 comment:

a said...

I'm glad he's on the mend! I was just about to e-mail and demand an update. I've only had minimal blog updates and what dad tells me. Come on, sis! Love you!!