Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Books

Not much to talk about today, so I'll just talk about books. One of Kevin's fellow teachers stopped by last Friday and gave Levi a gift, which included three books - his kids' favorites. I've had the pleasure of reading them to Levi over the past couple of days. Maybe it is just all in my mind, but he really seems to take them in - especially What's Wrong, Little Pookie? by Sandra Boynton. It is really cute, and when Levi is alert his little blue eyes just seem to study the entire page. Now most of the experts would probably say he doesn't see anything, but I think he really is seeing it. Kevin and I are also trying to get in the nightly habit of reading Psalm 139 and then Goodnight Moon to Levi. Besides the Pookie book and his nightly readings, he also likes his Baby Bible. I have chosen just a couple of stories to read to him, so he hears about David and Goliath and Daniel in the lions' den. He really likes those. Maybe all of these are just my preferences, meaning I like the stories and I'm projecting that onto Levi. I don't suppose it really matters, though, at this point. He just needs to hear our voices telling him stories and talking to him. And it can be really hard to talk to someone who doesn't talk back - so reading stories is much easier. Kevin thinks I'm really weird and laughs, because I will even read my Christian romance books to Levi. Again, I say that at this point it isn't so much what I'm reading but just that he hears me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a hoot! You sound like a wonderful mama.