Saturday, August 23, 2008

First Week of School

Kevin just finished his first week of school. Levi and I had a fun week, but Levi definitely missed his daddy!
A few highlights from this week:
Levi had a really bad crying fit one afternoon. I was trying to settle him down and started to nurse him. He pulled off and was still inconsolable. I didn't know what to do!! I started praying, and then I began to recite a few verses that I had read to him while he was in the womb. He settled right down! It was amazing!
Levi seems to be smiling now more in reaction to seeing me or Kevin (or other happy faces) rather than just those "gas" smiles.
Levi had a few very sleepy days. I, being the worrywart that I am, started thinking that something was wrong with him. I think though that we're just not in a schedule yet for him to get enough naps on his "normal" days, so he tries to catch up on the "sleepy" days. Saturday, he was much more alert and Levi-like. However, I've realized that I'm going to have to get Levi on a schedule of sorts to ensure that he's taking better naps during the day. That's what we did on Saturday, and he seemed to do well with it. He is just so alert naturally, though, that I don't realize that he needs to sleep longer than what he's naturally prone to do.
Levi had two special visitors this weekend. My best friend from AU came with her oldest daughter (2.5 yo) to meet Levi. We had a wonderful visit. Annabelle, Jamie's daughter, was so sweet with Levi. She would just look at him and touch his arms and face. She really wanted him to hold her hand. Levi only cooperated a couple of times, though, but she just ate it up when he was holding her hand.

I was very thankful that Jamie was here for Levi's latest "talent". Last night, Levi spit up out of his mouth and nose at the same time! Had it just been me and Kevin here with Levi, I probably would have packed him up to take him to the hospital! Jamie was here, though, and able to reassure me that her Elijah had done the same thing once or twice. I guess Levi had just gotten a little overzealous at the previous feeding...

I really miss having Jamie nearby, but this weekend was a whole bunch of fun. I am hoping that even though we live five hours apart, our kids will know each other. With our boys being exactly one year apart, I think it would be precious and so special if Elijah and Levi could be friends. Jamie and I mentioned maybe taking an annual summer beach trip with our families. I think that would be such fun, and I hope and pray we'll be able to pull it off!

No comments: