Sunday, May 3, 2009

First Sunday

The first Sunday in May... Levi experienced other firsts today, too. He had his first picnic. He rode down the slide for the first time. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera. Kevin had his, and I took several pictures. However, Kevin is not as prompt about downloading them as I am. If I ever get a chance to "borrow" them from him, I'll post them.

I usually give Levi a few banana puffs after he eats, just to let him play (i.e. practice some with his pincer grasp). I have put a banana puff or two in his mouth, but he wouldn't like it. He couldn't quite grasp that he was supposed to try to chew the banana puff to keep himself from choking. I think the teething biscuit yesterday helped him, because Levi (for the first time) actually put the banana puffs in his mouth and chewed them.


Levi pulled himself to the standing position on his own initiative for the first time. Usually, I have to be right behind him giving him an incentive to pull up. But not today. Well, he was pulling up to see his daddy (and his daddy's wii remote), but I wasn't even close to being behind him.


I believe I already confessed to reading "silly Christian romance novels", so I will try to hide our embarrassment at this next picture. Levi also decided to "read" one of my books. He was just so proud of this first, I couldn't resist taking the picture...


2 comments:

a said...

So cute! Made my night! Love his new use of the exersaucer, he's so smart! Love you all!

Kathy Rains said...

He's the smartest (and cutest) baby boy ever!!! Thanks for sharing! Love you all so much!