Thursday, May 7, 2009

Random Stories

Yesterday, Kevin didn't have soccer practice after school or a faculty meeting, so he picked up Levi from school. When I got home, Kevin had a story to share, of course. Kevin and Levi were in the sunroom (i.e. Levi's playroom). Levi was playing well by himself, so Kevin decided to check his e-mail on the laptop. Kevin looks back up and finds that Levi has crawled into the breakfast room and has helped himself to some banana puffs he had thrown onto the floor that morning! Kevin thought he remembered at least five having been on the floor - and all of them were gone. Guess I need to make sure the floors are really clean enough to eat off of! ;-)

Levi found the dining room window yesterday. Usually as he crawls through the house, he crawls through one end of the dining room, making a beeline from the kitchen to the foyer and then to his daddy's office. Yesterday, though, he made his own obstacle course by climbing under the dining room bench and one of the chairs. He looked up - and saw the window. I quickly pulled up the blinds, and he quickly started telling me what he saw outside - or rather what he wanted to see outside. "Dadadadadadada..." You get the idea. He was also trying to pull up using the window sill. He successfully accomplished that task and then even straightened out to "bang" on the window, all the while either squealing or saying, "Dadadadadada". With him being so active though near that window sill, I was afraid to leave him to get the camera. I just hoped he'd do it again today.

He didn't get quite as straight, but I thought I'd share.


Levi also made it through his obstacle course again.

Tonight is Kevin's last soccer game for the high school season. Kevin will probably have more opportunities now to take and pick up Levi from school. Perhaps I should ban the banana puffs in the morning, just in case Levi decides he wants to use the floor as a plate again in the afternoon!

5 comments:

Quimby said...

Loved the movie you need to put a handle so he would have something to grab on to.Looked like he was trying to hold on as he lost his balance. Our boy is growing up by pulls and plops.
Love Dad (Q)
ps i beat audry to a post!!!!

Kathy Rains said...

I can't believe it! He's so smart and athletic! I'm ready to drive over there right now to see this in person. I can't wait. Love you all!

a said...

SO CUTE! It looked like he had a HUGE smile on his face as he fell. I can't wait to see him!
Yeah, be proud, Dad. You beat me by like 15 seconds. I probably would have beat you if I hadn't watched the video three times before posting. :)

Jamie said...

You guys are killing me! I loved the video, and so did Daniel. So cute!

Unknown said...

Loved the video of Levi pulling up at the window!