Friday, January 23, 2009

Checking in

We all made it through this week. Levi did well in school. He still isn't sleeping really well at night, though. He seems to be waking up hungry, which I've read happens quite often around 6 months during a growth spurt. We've decided to add more cereal to his day. We think he is ready for some baby food, too, but I'm having a hard time letting go. I mean even his cereal has part of me in it, so it is just sad for me to think he'll start finding nourishment elsewhere. But, that is a good thing, I know. Just means my baby is growing up!!

Today when I picked up Levi from school, one of his teachers tole me that two of Levi's classmates had bronchiolitis (a winter RSV) that also went to their ears. I promptly called Levi's doctor when we got home because his cough hasn't gone away. I wanted to make sure that we didn't need to do anything else or if there was anything for which we needed to be watching. Levi was not acting sick at all. However, the doctor suggested that we take Levi to the after hours clinic tonight - just to be on the safe side. Levi was checked out VERY quickly, and he is just fine. Well, his ear infection still hasn't cleared up completely, but no bronchiolitis. Praise God!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, bronchiolitis we've unfortunately experienced with Elijah. It is scary, and I am thankful that Levi does not have it, especially at his young age. Now, any time E gets a cold, I worry about his breathing just from that one experience, because the doc said he was likely to develop asthma and the like, but so far so good. Glad yall are getting somewhat back to normal though.