Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Heart Breaking

Well, if you couldn't guess from my last blog when I admitted to having held Levi through the night feeling his fever going up and down... I caught the bug. I just cried yesterday. Yes, I felt bad, but my tears were because I knew that Levi had already felt all that pain and yet couldn't even begin to tell us what hurt. I could completely understand why he'd been so inconsolable. Everything hurt for a while! And then thinking about hurt made me think about Jesus, that he felt the pain for all the sins of everyone in the world, and though He could have yelled, screamed, cursed from all the pain, He bore it. He cried out to His Father, but He bore it - for us. Amazing... And since I am no theologian, I'll get back to blogging about us.

Around noon yesterday, I was so weak with fever that Kevin's mom came to help with Levi. I skipped work today to go to the doctor (my bug became a sinus infection), and Kevin's mom again watched Levi for me. (Thank you, Grandma!) The doctor was able to put me on the same medicine that Levi's taking for his ear infection, with no worries about the effects on Levi. That makes me feel better about taking it, and there really is no other way to get rid of a sinus infection except medicine. Levi is still not 100%; he is coughing quite a bit and is still stopped up. His sickness seems to be working through him but just slowly. He slept a little bit better last night, and so did we. We resorted to making him sleep in his bouncy seat. That keeps him propped up and helps him feel a little more confined, as if being held. We'll keep him in that for a little bit longer. We're going to attempt to take Levi back to school tomorrow since he hasn't run a fever and is on an antibiotic. Hopefully he will adjust back to going to school after having so many days at home with Mama and Daddy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hate it so bad to know that they hurt and cannot express it. Even A, who is talking very well now, can have trouble, mainly with emotions. But you just don't want them to be in pain! Hope you feel better soon.

a said...

Aw sis! I'm sad you're sick now too! :(
I love you guys! Let's talk soon. Feel better soon!