Monday, January 5, 2009

First Day of School

Having been with Levi for over two weeks straight over the holidays made today extra hard. But, we all survived Levi's first day of school. Kevin dropped Levi off this morning and got himself to his own school with time to spare. I had the joy (literally) of picking up Levi from school. Levi was not a very happy little boy when I got to school, though. He was trying to stay in an upright position and seemed to be getting frustrated with that. One of his teachers picked him up and brought him to me, and while he was approaching I was rewarded with a BIG grin (through the tears, which very quickly evaporated). He is so precious. Levi didn't do very well with his eating while at school. One of his teachers said the room was rather active today and Levi just wanted to take it all in. She said something like, "I can tell he is very inquisitive." He never eats very well in new places the first time or two we're there whether while nursing or taking a bottle, because there is too much for him to see. Throw in a bunch of new people to watch, too, and he wants to watch and learn rather than eat. Please pray that he'll adjust to the location and people so that he can eat more normally.

Typically for his late afternoon feeding, I've been feeding him cereal before he nurses. Otherwise, he'll get too much from nursing and end up spitting up everything after he eats some cereal. He's been cute about his cereal lately, too, making all sorts of "yum" noises and eating every bit of cereal that I make. Today, he took maybe four spoonfuls of cereal and would have nothing more to do with it. He wanted Mama. He nursed for a very long time and proceeded to spit up quite a bit. I think he overate to a certain extent, because he just wanted to be near me.

Gosh, I missed him today - but like I said we did make it. I really appreciate all your prayers - and please continue to pray for us and particularly that Levi will adjust.

1 comment:

Quimby said...

Lindy
We will be praying for yall everything will work out. you know how into everything he is , it will take a few days. be stong and continue to give him all the love you have to give.
Dad (Q)