Sunday, September 7, 2008

Eight Weeks Old

It is hard to believe, but Levi is eight weeks old today.  Time sure is flying!  Kevin is definitely sick; so it has been a challenging weekend.  Having Kevin here but not wanting him to touch Levi is difficult to say the least.  Levi and I managed to make a Wal-Mart trip yesterday.  I carried him in our Baby Bjourn, leaving plenty of room in the grocery cart.  That was much nicer than carrying that car seat!  Levi was very sweet while we were at Wal-Mart.  He's actually been before, but this was the first trip when he actually opened his eyes to see where he was.  Kevin and I took Levi to the Verizon store on Friday night, and he woke up for our visit to that store as well.  Perhaps we're turning a corner on the once asleep in the car asleep at least until the next feeding.  Guess we'll see.  

Levi was very alert all day yesterday, so today has been a very drowsy day.  I had been planning to take Levi to church this morning.  Our church has placed a call to a new pastor, and he was preaching this morning.  I really wanted to be there to hear him.  I was feeding Levi before we were supposed to leave.  He was not very cooperative, and he spit up everywhere.  We weren't dressed to go, but there was no way we were going to get to church on time.  Kevin is frustrated because we haven't managed to get Levi to church for his class yet.  Hopefully next Sunday will be better.  

Tomorrow I return to work.  I am absolutely dreading it.  I do not want to leave Levi.  Even thinking about it now just makes me want to cry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whose class are you trying to get Levi to church for? Kevin's or Levi's? ha! Nobody around here puts the infants in the nursery until they have their 2 month shots. Annabelle was 6 months old before we did - she went with us instead. Much harder that way, though. :)

I'll be praying that everything goes well tomorrow. I know it will be a difficult day, but God will see you through it.

Love,
Jamie

Lindy said...

Thanks, Jamie. Our doctor said it was okay to take Levi to daycare or nursery after 4 weeks. Can you believe that?? I would love to keep Levi with us until he was 6 months, but I don't think that's going to fly with his daddy... Thanks so much for your prayers. I definitely felt them.