Sunday, September 14, 2008

Two Months

Levi had quite an eventful weekend.  Yesterday was Levi's two month birthday, and today he is nine weeks old.  We celebrated his birthday by taking bunches of pictures.  Kevin put some of the best in his album on the left.  If you need the password to view the pictures, send me an email.  I'll send a link later for pictures that are print-worthy.  According to Kevin, the ones in the album are not quite a good enough resolution for printing.  

Anyway, back to Levi.  We took pictures, played, and read.  Then in the afternoon, we went to another couple's house to watch the UGA / USC (as in South Carolina) game.  Levi had a great time.  Again, he didn't pay much attention to the game, but he was the center of the girls' attentions.  He was also enthralled with the family room's fan.  It had brown blades, and he'd never seen anything like that before.  While we were out, we also had our first experience of nursing in a location other than the hospital or our house.  He did really well; he just looked around and ate up!  

As an aside: we also filled up on gas on our way home so that I would be able to make it to work this week.  $4.49 a gallon.  We saw it as high as $5.29.  Yikes!  

Today, we took Levi to church, and he actually went to his own little class.  It was pretty hard to leave him, but he didn't seem to mind and won his teachers' hearts.  We also had another experience of nursing in a "strange place", and he once again did really well.  The ladies did say that he was crying before I fed him, but there was no more crying after that.  They all thought he was precious.  Then, Levi went out for a quick lunch to Atlanta Bread Company with Mama and Daddy and their SS class.  He slept through almost the entire meal and was very well behaved, of course.  

It is back to work tomorrow.  Although I am not excited, I was very convicted during today's sermon that I need to have a better attitude about work.  I have been allowing myself to throw my own pity party, when I need to be thankful and "work ... as working for the Lord" (Col. 3:23).  I know that I will not be successful at this attitude change every second of every day, but I will strive to at least not send out invitations to my pity party...

No comments: