Friday, September 26, 2008

Snoopy

Today, Levi went to the doctor for his 2-month wellness visit. He is an "average baby", weighing in at 13 pounds, 9 ounces, and measuring 23.5 inches. I say "average", because he is in the 50th percentile for weight and length. He is growing up so fast! I've added a whole bunch of pictures, so check them out!

After looking more closely, I realized that ANY pre-K program, whether at a school or a daycare, is considered a daycare. So, all those extra immunizations are required unless he is five years old and entering kindergarten. Any schooling before that means more immunizations. I tried to convince Kevin that Levi should just be home schooled and that Levi never needed to leave the house. But, then I figured out that Levi could still go to church, because he doesn't have to have vaccines to go to church. Kevin looked at me like I was crazy. Oh well, I tried. So, Levi got his first big round of immunizations while we were at the doctor. He ended up getting five shots; the only vaccine he didn't get from the list was the Rotavirus vaccine. Levi cried, and so did I. It was terrible, horrible. The nurse was very nice, but in order to "help" her, she had me holding Levi's arms down. So, Levi was looking at me through his tears while the nurse was poking him. It was so sad. But, Levi is such a trooper. Sure, he cried - but, he settled down rather quickly, in my opinion, after I held him for a while. And he acted wonderful tonight. He is such a sweet baby. Here is a picture of him all bandaged up after his shots. Five Snoopy band-aids, five shots.

No comments: