Monday, September 29, 2008

Psalm 139

Levi had a rather bad night Friday night after his shots.  We had a rest of the weekend though.  Kevin and I both thought that Saturday night was the best we had all slept in a while.  We even made it to church on Sunday morning - service and Sunday school.  The church has a "nursing room", and it has worked out so that I could feed Levi between service and SS both Sundays we've gone to church so far.  Believe it or not, both Sundays I have been the only person in the "nursing room".  I must admit I was a little surprised - but at the same time I have been thankful to have the room to ourselves.  

Levi did not eat very well starting last night though before bed.  I wasn't sure what was wrong, and I confess that I was afraid he was rejecting me for the bottle.  But he ate relatively well at the mid-morning (i.e. about 1 am) feeding.  Then at 5 am feeding, he got upset again.  I realized, though, that he was getting upset because he seemed to have decided he wanted to look at everything in his room rather than eat.  Actually, Levi was mainly interested in seeing the two pictures with all of the baseball team pennants.  He must really be able to see the colors now.  Anyway, I literally had to turn so that if he looked around he'd only see the back of the rocking chair.  That worked for this morning, but he apparently did much the same thing (not eating well) until this afternoon.  He's been eating more normally since.  He must have decided that eating was more important than looking.  

So, besides the baseball pennants, here are some other "favorite things" of Levi's: being propped up on the Boppy, "talking" to us, having his belly rubbed, the song "Father Abraham", laying in his crib to look at the shadows his light makes.  

As an aside, last night Kevin was watching an NFL game, and the broadcasters starting talking about the "Matt Bryant situation".  I asked Kevin what they were talking about; he didn't know, so he did a search on the internet.  What he read broke our hearts.  Matt Bryant's 3-month old son died earlier this week.  I had never even heard of Matt Bryant before yesterday, but my heart just went out to him, his wife, and the rest of the family.  I do not even want to imagine the depth of their sorrow.  Yet, their loss reminds me to enjoy every moment I have with Levi and challenges me to trust that God is in control and that He deserves all honor and praise regardless of life's circumstances.  "Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; and in Your book were all written the days that were ordained for me, when as yet there was not one of them." Psalm 139:16

No comments: